Tuesday, December 19, 2006

saying is believing.



i watched this commercial the other night on YouTube (alright, i'm a little addicted), and it made me cry. weep, actually, but then...

THAT

IS

WHAT

I

DO.

i weep...but! i also laugh really really loudly so it all balances out in the end.

i just rec'd these pictures of my 7-year old niece, Madison Jane, BEAMING with her big ol' bloody, gap tooth smile...


she is simply joy joy joy incarnate.


to think that she could ever find herself less than perfect (and i mean perfectly imperfect like those bumpy though succulent apples you get from the orchard not the shiny ones from the Super Wal-Mart that taste like terrycloth soaked in apple juice), makes me downright depressed.

anyway...

fathers, uncles, grandfathers, brothers, boyfriends, husbands...tell the little girls (and the big ones too) in your life how beautiful they are. no, it shouldn't matter, but oh, goddammit, it does.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Margaux. I'm not sure how I came across your site, but I wanted to say hello. I'm sure you don't remember me, but my maiden name was Leslie Ray. I grew up in Milan and knew you when you were a little girl. Your brother, Beau, was my first crush when I was like 8! (We were in the same grade.) Is this his daughter? I tried your given email address, but it didn't work, so I thought I'd at least post here to say hi. I think your play looks great and I think the message is wonderful--especially now that I have little girls. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I saw that ad recently myself, and was very moved by it. I also was upset, not by the commercial. By the reminder of how there have been sizeists on the Dove Beauty Campaign site, posting.

It appears now they've made a discussions standards page, claiming they can remove any offensive posts they want. It's a shame they didn't think of that earlier. I mean, were they really so niaeve to think that unless they made a policy, sizeists would just be nice and stay away from their site?

PTC said...

She looks like you! She's beautiful!