Wednesday, May 31, 2006

storypeople

"this is an American unicorn which explains why it has two horns and they're painted to match the tile in its bathroom."

i don't know if you all are familiar with Brian Andreas's art and poetry...but you should be. whenever i need to send a birthday e-card or just need a little pick-me-up, i go here. they're silly, they're profound, and some are downright tearjerkin'. i can read his stuff over and over again, and it never gets old. hope someone feels that way about me someday.

here's just a sample of a few of his poems:

She said she usually cried at least once each day not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short.
-
I used to wait for a sign, she said, before I did anything. Then one night I had a dream & an angel in black tights came to me & said, you can start any time now, & then I asked is this a sign? & the angel started laughing & I woke up. Now, I think the whole world is filled with signs, but if there's no laughter, I know they're not for me.
-
I used to think traveling to exotic places would be fun, but I have a little more experience now & it’s only fun if it doesn’t wreck your sleep.
-
I asked her what she planned to do with her life & she said she was way beyond that point already. I'm just happy I remember to be there when it happens, she said.
-
Of course I'm not happy, she said to me, but I've got a degree in psychology so at least I can explain why.
-
One Halloween, my sister made a magic wand & she went around giving wishes to all my friends, but when she got glitter on all the candy they yelled at her & she went home crying & later on my mom made me share my candy with her & she was so happy she flung glitter all over & gave me an extra wish I know didn't work because I still have a sister who loves shiny stuff.

No comments: